Here at HFE we deliver over 20 different fitness industry qualification spanning a variety of disciplines, including fitness instructor, personal trainer, Pilates, Yoga, exercise referral and much more.
In order to deliver these qualifications effectively, we are required to constantly revise, edit improve and re-write elements of our training programmes, particularly our course manuals to keep them accurate and current. This in itself can be a full-time job but we also need to ensure that the people producing the content are ahead of their game in their respective discipline(s). Therefore, we’re looking for technically adept writers with a strong understanding of the health and fitness industry to help us grow the size and strength of our teaching and learning materials.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who has a strong command of the English language and who has the ability to write authorative, engaging and technically accurate content.
The role will be undertaken on a freelance basis and as such can be completed remotely. While an initial scoping meeting may be necessary (subject to the individual project), this may not always be the case. The scope of writing projects will always be agreed in advance in respect of their style, tone, size, position and of course deadline.
A fixed sum will be agreed in advance of the project and payment will be remitted once all of the deliverables have been completed.
About the Applicant:
- have at least 2 years’ experience of in the respective role or discipline you will be writing, preferably in a teaching or research capacity.
- be able to read and interpret syllabi, assessment specification and qualification guidance documents.
- be a passionate about the health and fitness sector and be able to reflect that passion in your writing.
- have the ability to deliver high quality documentation with a keen eye for detail.
- be able to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easy to understand with text and images.
- be able to write grammatically correct and stylistically strong content that reduces the need for exhaustive editing.
- be highly competent at using Microsoft Office, particularly Word.
You should be:
- educated to degree level, preferably in the field or discipline that you are writing about with a minimum grade of 2:1 or above.
- possess relevant vocational qualifications and experience in the field or discipline that you will be writing in (e.g. personal training, Pilates, yoga, sports massage).
If you feel that you have what it takes to undertake this role, feel free to submit your CV. Alternatively, feel free to get in touch.
|Job Category||Fitness Writers|