The gym-based portion of the UK fitness sector represents a considerable portion of an industry that is worth over £4.4 billion per annum. With increasing levels of physical activity and the exponential rise in public and private sector facilities, gym-based exercise has never been so affordable or accessible.
This growth has fuelled a significant need for highly skilled exercise professionals, particularly personal trainers, to help these newly active people to improve their health and fitness potential. Our job is to prepare our students for a successful career in personal training and we cannot do this without the right team behind us.
We’re looking for passionate, energetic and experienced fitness instructors and personal trainers to join our teaching and assessing team. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have the ability to help us realise our ambitious vision by delivering the highest standard of quality in the active leisure training sector.
Each year from locations throughout the UK, we certificate thousands of exercise professionals across a variety of disciplines, with fitness instruction and personal training being one of our most popular courses. To help drive our growth and maintain our exacting standards, we’re looking for people who share our philosophy and who are prepared to go the extra mile again and again to serve our customers.
About the Role:
The role will involve teaching and assessing the practical aspects of our personal training qualifications from one or more of our regional training venues. You will need to teach the course in accordance with the timetables, lesson plans and resources we supply, although you will also have the autonomy and opportunity to make the content your own and draw upon your own professional experiences.
As a new tutor, you will initially be paired with our more experienced Senior Tutors who will provide all the on the job training needed to enable you to teach independently.
The role is a freelance and self-employed position and work is allocated to tutors based on their location, availability and skillset. Most of our courses are delivered at weekends although mid-week opportunities are also available.
We currently pay between £135-£185 per day plus expenses and enhancements depending on the level of course being taught or assessed. Rates of pay are reviewed annually in-line with the consumer price index.
About the Applicant:
- have at least 2 years’ experience of working in the personal training sector, preferably in a variety of disciplines (gym-based, home-based, outdoors etc).
- be competent at using a variety of functional training modalities, including kettlebell training, suspension training and foam rolling.
- be a passionate and energetic personal trainer with a genuine hunger to help others realise their potential and increase their career prospects.
- be service-focused and willing to do ‘whatever it takes’ to exceed the customer’s expectations.
- possess strong communication skills, particularly those softer skills, being able to demonstrate sensitivity and empathy as required.
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (or equivilant)
- A relevant teaching qualification – may consider applicants working towards (e.g. Award in Education and Training, PTTLS, DTTLS, CTTLS, Cert Ed, PGCE)
- A relevant vocational assessing qualification – may consider applicants working towards (e.g. D32/33, A1/A2, CAVA)
Finally, you must be able to commit to HFE exclusively in a commercial capacity – we do not employ tutors who work for other commercial training providers. Applications from those in the employ of Colleges, Universities or other FE establishments will however be considered. In return, you will be rewarded with regular work, unlimited training opportunities, the privilege of working with likeminded professionals and the pride of knowing that you are making a real and meaningful difference to the lives of our graduates.
|Job Category||Assessors, Tutors|